This incredibly dinky Crossbody Bag is an intermediate level bag sewing pattern, with its dainty size adding to the fun of sewing! Featuring a French Braid quilt as you go flap, a hidden back pocket, and a shaped slip pocket, you'll have room for just the essentials.
6 1/2" Width x 8" Height x 3" Depth (16.5cm x 20.5cm x 7.5cm)
- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Intermediate level bag sewing pattern
- Super quick sew!
- Learn how to make a quilt as you go French Braid flap
Originally designed for The Bag Retreat, the Crossbody Bag sewing pattern is a small shoulder bag with just enough storage for your essentials - purse, phone, keys, and sunglasses. As well as the central pocket, the bag has a shaped slip pocket and a hidden back pocket too, perfect for hiding away your phone or wallet.
The front flap of The Crossbody Bag is great for customising. Although the bag sewing pattern guides you through how to sew a quilt as you go French Braid, you could instead embroider or applique the flap, use another patchwork technique, or keep it simple with a feature fabric. Style The Crossbody Bag your way!
The Crossbody Bag is classified as an intermediate level bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers
The Crossbody Bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs.When you buy our PDF sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products on your dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Crossbody Bag sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Crossbody Bag was designed for intermediate level bagmakers. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Crossbody Bag has finished dimensions of 6 1/2" Width x 8" Height x 3" Depth (16.5cm x 20.5cm x 7.5cm). It's a small bag!
What materials do I need?
Try to choose fabrics which are not too thick. Fabrics such as upholstery fabrics and faux leather will be dependent on the strength of your sewing machine. At its thickest, you’ll be sewing through 8 layers of outer.
- Scraps of co-ordinating fabric, at least 3 different patterns, you will need to cut (10) 2” x 8” (5cm x 20cm) and (1) 2” x 2” square
- 5/8 yd (0.5m) Outer
- 3/4 yd (0.6m) Lining (directional will need more)
- 1 1/8 yd (1m) Medium weight interfacing (40" or 90cm wide)
- 1 x FQ Fusible fleece
- 9” x 10” (23cm x 25.5cm) Non fusible batting/thin foam stabiliser
- (1) x 6" (15cm) #3 zip for the zipped pocket or use longer and cut to size
- (1) x 3/4" (18mm) Slim magnetic snap
- (2) x 1/2" (1.2cm) Strap clip with D-Ring
- (1) x 1/2" (1.2cm) Triglide buckle
- (4) x 9mm x 8mm Double cap rivets (Optional)
- Double sided basting tape
- Zip foot
- Walking foot
- Fray check
- Pressing cloth
- Pinking shears
What's the tag for social media?