Keep your sewing machine protected and dust-free with The Machine Bag. This bag is an interesting sew, perfect for sewing retreats or everyday use.
16.5" W x 12.5" H x 9" D (42cm x 32cm x 23cm)
- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Perfect for sewing retreats!
- Get creative with the large outer panels, with patchwork, applique, or embroidery
The Machine Bag is a perfect bag to keep your sewing machine dust free when not in use, or for if you want to take it for retreats and classes. It has a very sturdy base, bag feet and a mesh pocket inside.
The Machine Bag sewing pattern has been specially tested to ensure it's suitable for a variety of machines. The testers found the bag sewing pattern clear to follow and all have put their bags to good use. The sewing pattern requires webbing which forms the short handles, and the lining features a mesh pocket.
Not only does The Machine Bag make an excellent sewing machine cover but you could also sew it as an overnight bag, a weekend bag, or a storage bag. For a more challenging sew, try using patchwork for the outer pieces.
The Machine Bag sewing pattern is classified as an intermediate level bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert bag pattern testers.
The Machine Bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text-only section to save on ink and paper costs.
When you buy our PDF bag sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products on your dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Machine Bag sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Machine Bag is classified as an intermediate level bag sewing pattern. However, if you get stuck, please ask us for help in our Facebook group, or send us an email: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Machine Bag has finished dimensions of 16.5" x 12.5" x 9" (42cm x 32cm x 23cm)
What materials do I need?
- 1 1/4yd (1m) Outer fabric
- 1 1/4yd (1m) Lining Fabric
- 20" x 9" (50.8cm x 22.9cm) Faux Leather for base
- 1 1/4yd (1m) Foam Stabliser
- 3/3/4yd (3m) of 40" wide Medium weight interfacing (narrow may need more)
- 3 3/4yd (3m) of 1.5" (3.8cm) webbing
- 41" (104.5cm) #5 Twin pull 'type O' Zip
- 1 x FQ Mesh
- 13 1/2" (34.4cm) Fold over elastic
- 6 x bag feet with a 3/4" (20mm) shank
- 16.5" x 7 3/4" (41.9cm x 19.7cm) Foam Core board
What's the tag for social media?